Monday 15 October 2012

MEDIA EVALUATION


The strengths of my front cover

I think the strengths of my front cover was the main image and title that I chose to go onto it, the image was of a pupil smiling which related to the main headline of the magazine. This headline was about the ‘pupil of the week’ who was smiling which connoted that she loves school anchoring the title of the magazine..’Love school’. The title was the main strength because I believed that it would interest readers and turn education into a positive thought opposed to negative and therefore went perfectly with the concept of the magazine.


The weaknesses of my front cover

The weaknesses of my magazine front cover are the fact there is no date, price or barcode on it. This will always appear on a real magazine and therefore a downfall on my magazine as this doesn't follow the codes and conventions of a magazine front cover. As well as this the layout of the front cover could have been better, it looks a bit thrown together and not very professional.


The strengths of my contents page

The strengths of my contents page is mainly the layout of the columns and the text written in it, I believe that I took a lot of time and effort to produce a professional-looking contents page. The colour scheme was kept consistent with the front cover and therefore looked even more professional. I followed the codes and conventions of magazine contents pages and kept to a maximum of 4 colours.


The weaknesses of my contents page

The only weakness of my contents page are the images I put onto it, I only inserted two therefore I did not follow the codes and conventions of a magazine contents page properly as there is usually four or more pictures. If I had added more pictures I believe my contents page would be a lot better.



No comments:

Post a Comment