Tuesday 9 October 2012

Front cover plan

You need to come up with :
- Title for your new school magazine
- Details of the mise en scene of your front cover image
- Coverlines for the front cover of your magazine

First of all I had to come up with a title for my front cover, I made a spider diagram with the word 'school' in the middle of the page. I then jotted down around it all the words I related to school to give me a possible idea for my title. I then decided on using the title 'Love School' as I thought it would be appropriate for the genre.

My next step was having to find the mise-en-scene of the front cover image. For this I also designed a spider diagram and put down ideas as well as looking at other magazine covers and got ideas from them. Overall I decided that using a pupil of the school would relate to the magazine and so settled on having a girl holding a folder up in the air with a smile on her face connoting that she 'loves school' which anchors the title of the magazine.

Lastly I had to come up with coverlines for my magazine, for this I thought about what schools have to offer and things that may come up in other magazines to give me some rough ideas. I then noted all them down and looked through them to come to an overall decision of which ones would be best. I then came up with 10 coverlines related to school. A few examples of these are  'teacher of the week' 'pupil of the week' 'monthly famous author' 'FOOD FIGHT!?' and 'local braniacs'.

No comments:

Post a Comment